SKIRTING BOARD INSTALLATION
Skirting Boards size (Basic range):
These skirting boards below come in the following sizes and shapes. These are the most popular choices. To see prices, check out the price list.
-Bull Nose 67 x 18 , 92 x 18
-Half Splayed 67 x 18 , 92 x 18 , 140 x 18
-WA Colonial 87 x 18 , 140 x 18 , 190 x 18
-Lambs Tongue 67 x 18 , 92 x 18 , 140 x 18
-DAR Square 42 x 18, 67 x 18 , 92 x 18 , 117 x 18
Other skirting board shapes and sizes:
-3Step 92 x 18 , 140 x 18
-Bevelled 67 x 18 , 92 x 18
-Federation 80 x 18 , 125 x 18 , 140 x 18
-Splay (30mm) 67 x 18 , 92 x 18 , 140 x 18
-Blade 92 x 18 , 140 x 18
-Talia 140 x18
-Replica 85 x 18
-Blade 92 x 18 , 140 x 18
-Cove 140 x 18
-Edge 150 x 18
-APL 90 x 18 , 120 x 18
-Step Decco 85 x 18 , 135 x 18
-Double Colonial 92 x 18
All SKIRTING BOARD INSTALLATION METHOD
- Nailed and Glued to walls
- All Internal Joints are Scribed for a Perfect Finish
- All External Mitres are Glued and Pinned
- All Skirting Boards are Gap Filled at internal/external corners and at nail heads
- Whitish primer colour – (painting option for surcharge)
- I will go with 5.4m long skirting boards so unless your wall is longer than 5.4m you are not going to have joints on the wall
CUSTOM PAINT SKIRTING BOARDS
SEMI GLOSS, GLOSS OR EVEN MORE MATCHING COLOURS WITH DOORFRAMES
PROFESSIONAL SKIRTING BOARD INSTALLATION
WA Colonial 87 X 18
Half Splayed 92 X 18
Lambs Tongue 92 x 18
Bull Nose 92 x 18
Bevelled 92 x 18
DAR Square 92/117 x 18
Splay (30mm) 92 x 18
3Step 92 x 18
Blade 92 x 18
Step Decco 85 x 18
WA Federation 80 x 18
Replica 85 x 18
Half Splayed 67 x 18
Lambs Tongue 67 x 18
Bull Nose 67 x 18
DAR Square 42 / 67 x 18
Splay (30mm) 67 x 18
Bevelled 67 x 18
WA Federation 125 x 18
Lambs Tongue 140 x 18
Half Splayed 140 x 18
WA Colonial 140 x 18
Talia 140 x 18
Step Decco 135 x 18
Cove 140 x 18
Splay (30mm) 140 x 18
Blade 140 x 18
3Step 140 x 18
Edge 150 x 18
WA Colonial 190 x 18
APL 90 x 18
Double Colonial 92 x 18
APL 120 x 18
Skirting board installation from an expert.
Skirting boards are important parts of your home’s decor but it indeed comes with certain advantages as well. Here you can read some of these :
- Firstly, in homes where there are some uneven surfaces, skirting boards help cover them in a relatively quick way.
- Also, it dresses up the house, it has its place in the overall interior design. The house will look more elegant and classy.
- It is practical because it helps protect the walls from various obstacles, small damages, kicks or from the door hitting the wall.
- It is medium resistant to moisture so it not recommended for outside or wet areas.
- They come in a great variety of shapes, which could be a perfect match to the other part of the house.
- Skirting board mouldings are pre-primed. MDF skirting boards are coated with a primer sealant. This makes painting your skirting boards easier and helps to achieve a nice smooth consistent finish. Being elegant and simple, it is an economical option for final fit-out sages for new homes and commercial developments.
All skirting board come in primed colour, which, for an individual, I can paint it on any colour you wish. Since I install these skirting boards in a professional manner, they will definitely add value to your home.
What is MDF?
Medium Density Fibreboard, for short. MDF is manufactured by the grinding down of softwood and woodchips. This is made into wood fibres similar to cotton wool. It is then mixed using a resin and wax binder. They form panels after this. High temperature and pressure are necessary for the production. The panels have smooth sides and an even density profile which makes them ideal for routing and creating decorative profiles for skirting boards.